- Your Medicine and Health Information
- In order to use any portion of the Platform, you will need to create a MyOwnMed.com Account (“Account”). Your Provider (as defined below) will provide you with a username and password to create an Account. Creating an Account provides you with control over who can access your Personal Information (as defined below). By default, you are the only user who can view and edit your information. However, you can choose to share your Account log-in information with your personal representatives by enrolling in a “Sharing” plan that enables you to allow your personal representatives to view your Account, including Personal Information stored in your Account. MyOwnMed.com is not responsible for the information handling practices exercised by you or your personal representative. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY, WE DO NOT SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION with anyone, unless you expressly direct us to do so by enrolling that person in a “sharing” plan.
- The Information we Collect
When you create an Account or use the Platform, we may collect certain personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”) in various ways. For example, when you create an Account, we collect your first and last names, email address, date of birth, and gender. In addition, when you create an Account we may collect information related to your health and medical history directly from your Provider, such as demographic information, test and laboratory results, drug survey information, daily medication adherence, as needed medication taken, biometric information and other information related to your medical history. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BELONGS TO YOU AND IS YOUR PROPERTY. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH US, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR OR OTHERWISE USE THE PLATFORM.
- com will record information about your use of the Platform (such as number of log-ins and time and date). This information is temporarily stored in association with your Account for two weeks, at which point it is aggregated with other data and is no longer associated with your Account.
- com will also collect and use certain technical data and usage information, including but not limited to technical information about your computer, your computer’s operating system, and peripherals.
- How we Use the Information we Collect
- To Provide You with Products, Services and Information. If you create an Account on the Platform, we may use Personal Information we collect through the Platform or directly from your Provider to provide you with products, services and information. Personal Information may also be used if you request to receive certain information via fax, e-mail, phone or postal mail. We may use this information to send you communications, including a welcome e-mail; messages to verify your username and password; and information relating to the Platform.
- Using Anonymous and Aggregate Information. We may de-identify your Personal Information to create “Anonymous Information.” Anonymous Information is no longer Personal Information because it does not identify or permit the identification of any individual and is not otherwise attributed or attributable to any one person. We may then aggregate your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users to create “Aggregate Information.” This Aggregate Information is also anonymous. We may use Aggregate Information to publish trend statistics, medical studies, reports, lessons learned and white papers. For example, we might publish trend data to demonstrate improved overall health of ecosystem users. None of this Aggregate Information can be used to personally identify an individual.
- Sharing Your Information
- Other than as described in this Policy, we do not sell or provide your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without first obtaining your express consent. However, we may disclose the Personal Information that we collect: (a) as and when authorized by your Provider, for purposes of your Provider’s treatment, payment, healthcare operations and other purposes permitted by applicable law; (b) to our service providers who work on our behalf and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this Policy; or (c) otherwise with your consent in accordance with applicable law. We may buy or be bought by other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale or other change of control. In such transactions, your information, including all Personal Information, may be included in the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your information is treated, transferred or used and your Personal Information may be included in the transferred assets.
- We may share Anonymous Information and Aggregate Information with third parties.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect through the Platform and directly from your Provider. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Platform over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
- International Users
By using the Platform, you agree to the use and processing of your information as set forth in this Policy, all of which activities will take place in the United States (U.S.). If you reside outside the U.S., your information will be transferred to the U.S., and processed and stored there under U.S. privacy standards. By using the Platform and providing information to us, you agree to such transfer to, and processing in, the U.S.
- Your Privacy Choices
- If your contact information changes, if you no longer wish to receive information or communications from MyOwnMed.com, or if you wish to modify settings relating to how or with whom your Account is shared, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can completely delete most Personal Information contained in your Account at any time by manually deleting medications, journal entries, in-app messages, and profiles associated with your account. Such deletions will take immediate effect in your Account, but backup copies of deleted Personal Information may persist for two weeks in the MyOwnMed.com database. Since deleted data will not be restored, you may want to print information before deleting it. Should you want your entire Account deleted, please email us at email@example.com to facilitate that request.
- Children’s Privacy
The Platform is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
- Changes to This Policy
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time by posting a new Policy on this page. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the date below in Section J. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes, and your continued use of the Platform after such changes have been made constitutes acceptance of those changes. If we make any revisions that materially change the ways in which we use or share the information previously collected from you through the Platform, we will give you the opportunity to consent to such changes before applying them to that information.
- More information
This Policy was lasted updated on August 31, 2016.
The Office of the Privacy Officer can be reached using the contact information below.
Attn: Privacy Officer
6701 Democracy Blvd, Suite 300
Bethesda, MD 20817